Digital Classroom & Education
Digital technology can be harnessed within the education sector to help attainment outcomes, reduce admin burden and also to accelerate saving in online learning.
In 2020, we will be focussing on:
- Providing technical support to SEEMiS (where required) for the migration of SEEMiS version 2;
- Working with SEEMiS and relevant councils to create a list of alternative applications to replace the modules that will not be included in SEEMiS 2.0;
- Working in collaboration with Scotland Excel, Education Scotland and SEEMiS to establish an accredited list of third-party apps and online services to provide opportunities to reduce security risks and reduce costs
- Working with Education Scotland to develop practical advice and guidance and share practical experience for designing digital school infrastructure (such as connectivity, WiFi, enabling “Bring Your Own Device (BYOD), etc.);
- Working with Education Scotland to help councils understand how to make better use of GLOW (for example calendar sharing between schools and corporate Education departments) and achieve more value from the use of GLOW;
- Creating a community and relevant events to help share experiences of the impact of digitisation on learning and teaching and;
- Work with Education Departments alongside Councils and Education Scotland to offer 1:1 support to refresh existing Digital Learning and Teaching strategies.
We would encourage anyone wanting to get involved or hear more about this project to complete our registration form and the team will be in touch to begin collaborating.